Roberta’s is coming. Roberta’s is coming. I repeat. Roberta’s. Is. Coming.
The famed Brooklyn pizza joint will be taking over Dusek’s wood-fired ovens for one weekend only. On November 11th and 12th, pizza lovers will get to taste some of the menu classics that have made Roberta’s the go-to spot of celebs like Jay-Z and Beyonce, while Chicago-pizza loving purists will be treated with a Chicago-inspired pie.
Back in April, I went to NYC for the weekend and made sure to make it out to Roberta’s. I was lucky enough to had only wait about an hour to be seated. The pizza did not disappoint. I would classify more as a neopolitan-style pie, than a New York style pie. Pictured above is the Beastmaster – a pizza that’s loaded with pork sausage, onions, capers, jalapenos, gorgonzola and mozzarella cheeses. It was my personal favorite.
The pop-up will feature the following pies:
- Margherita with mozzarella, tomato and basil
- Famous Original with tomato, mozzarella, caciocavallo, parmigiano, oregano and chili
- The Beesting with honey and soppressata
- Special Chicago-inspired pie (Chef collaboration between the Dusek’s and Roberta’s team)
- In addition, Sunday’s brunch service also includes a breakfast-worthy pizza topped with a fresh egg.
The pop up will be open from November 11th from 4:00pm to 12:30am and again on November 12th from 11:00am to 4:00pm. Roberta’s will at 1227 W. 18th St., Chicago IL 60608 (Dusek’s). I suggest getting there early, because the lines are expected to be long, the wait will be lengthy, but the pizza will be worth it.
Take away will be available too, while supplies last. Begin planning now.